2012-13 Webinars: "Turnaround Strategies"
"Turnaround Strategies for Your Church"
Eight 90-minute webinars to help your congregation get growing and thriving.
Presenter: Tom Ehrich. President of Morning Walk Media, church consultant, developer of the Church Wellness Project, and widely read author.
Sign up for all eight at a discount: $149.95. Receive instructions for accessing sessions that you miss.
Webinars held on Thursdays from 2:00 to 3:30pm. Sign-in details sent to participants.
Sep. 27, 2012 Overcome invisibility
- lead generation
- social media
- pastor's blog
- push marketing
Oct. 25, 2012 Look outward
- small groups
- regional gatherings
- mission projects
Nov. 15, 2012 Outcome-based decision-making
- useful and consistent metrics
- stop doing what isn't working
- take risks, learn from failure
- let outcomes guide next steps
Jan 17, 2013 New leadership
- strong-pastor systems
- entrepreneurial leader
- pastor's team
- focus on effectiveness, not checks and balances (Reformation is done)
Feb 21, 2013 Rethink affiliation
- touches, not members
- multiple tracks into congregation and into deeper engagement
- relational ethos: person to person, not person to institution
Mar 21, 2013 Rethink stewardship
- harvest giving, done year-round
- not charitable giving, done in annual burst
- more transparency about giving decisions and their consequences
Apr 18, 2013 Communications that work in 21st Century
- different strategies for different age cohorts
- invest in doing it right
- pastor takes a lead role
May 23, 2013 Stop the power struggles
- accountability and performance, not tenure and entitlement
- allow clergy to lead; don't threaten careers when they lead in new ways
- employment contracts, not as-long-as-we-like-you
- conflict resolution